Woking Borough Council’s new Executive is ready for business as leader David Bittleston promises his administration will “talk less, listen more and explain better” at last night’s Council meeting.
The new Executive members are:
- Cllr Ayesha Azad - Deputy Leader, Portfolio Holder for Finance
- Cllr Debbie Harlow - Portfolio Holder for Housing
- Cllr Beryl Hunwicks - Portfolio Holder for Environmental Services, Portfolio Holder for Health and Wellbeing and Portfolio Holder for Community Safety
- Cllr Colin Kemp - Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Cultural Services and Portfolio Holder for Independent Living
- Cllr Kevin Davis - Portfolio Holder for Economic Development
- Cllr Ashley Bowes - Portfolio Holder for Planning
Cllr David Bittleston, Leader of Woking Borough Council, said: “I am extremely proud that our Council achieves amazing results. Last year saw many exciting projects driven full steam ahead by the Council’s superb Executive. Without doubt, Woking Town Centre is reaching for the sky as Victoria Square begins to take shape. By building high density housing within the town centre, we can better protect our green belt and invest in our cherished open, green spaces. Plans for the regeneration of Sheerwater also continue to flourish.
“I am delighted to announce my new Executive for the coming term. The changes made will serve to further harness the talents of those Members already doing a fantastic job as well as welcome new Portfolio Holders who I know will bring their own unique flair to their individual roles.
"I would like to thank all Members for their hard work and commitment in achieving such an enormous amount last year. I would particularly like to thank Mark Pengelly, who lost his seat in the recent elections and Saj Hussain for his work on the Executive over the last few years.”